The MLTF has updated its Discharge Upgrades memo to include important changes in Discharge Review Board and Board for Correction of Military Records policies. Several Department of Defense memoranda written in the last three years encourage the Boards to give more “liberal consideration” to many veterans seeking upgrades, and these are discussed in detail in the second half of this memo.
Join the MLTF
The Military Law Task Force (MLTF) is a standing committee of the National Lawyers Guild (NLG).
Open to attorneys, legal workers, law students, and GI Rights advocates. Join today!
- Early access to our law journal, On Watch
- Peer advice and discussion listserv
- Discounts and more!
If this site has helped you, please donate today!
Challenging Military Sexual Violence
- The MLTF is not part of, or affiliated with, the US military or any government entity.
- Content is subject to revision based on changes in military policy and federal law.
- Ensure you have the most recent info before taking action. Questions? Contact us.