This page serves as a directory for accessing the various publications and resources produced by MLTF. It also includes links to all the the categories and tags we use for our content. The Military Law Task Force of the National Lawyers Guild is committed to maintaining the most up-to-date military law training and servicemember self-help documents possible, and making them available free of charge to those who may find them useful. If you value this service, we encourage you to make a donation to help us continue this mission, if you are able to do so. If you have any questions, or need further assistance with any of our resource materials, please contact us, or call The GI Rights Hotline for personal and confidential counseling for your issue.
Note on bad links within our documents MLTF makes every effort to keep external links in our articles up to date (especially where substantive policy/regulation changes are involved), but you may find that some don’t work. This may be due to a site or page being offline temporarily (try again in a day or two), or a permanent deletion or relocation of the material. If you encounter bad links, a wider Internet search on the title or terms may produce the info you are looking for. We welcome any reports of such bad links using our contact form.
The memos are listed with the most recently written (or major revision) at the top.
- Directory of military regulations on most common GI rights questions
- MLTF Publications – Memos, Articles and Handouts
- Deployed to the Border: A Test of Conscience for Gi’s
- Military Criminal Law
- Military Transgender Policy
- Military Policies on Servicemember Dissent
- Adjustment disorder discharge
- Challenging Military Sexual Violence
- Military Psychiatric Policies and Discharges – An Introduction for Attorneys and Counselors
- Representing Servicemembers in Involuntary Discharge Proceedings
- Discharge Upgrades: Introductory Material and Resources for Attorneys and Counselors
- Article 138 Complaints: Servicemembers’ Tool for Redress
- Military Medical Policies
- CLE: US Army AWOL – Tips for civilian defense attorneys
- On Watch – MLTF Quarterly Journal