MLTF has several standing committees. Members are invited to get involved with the MLTF’s work through committee projects. Contact us for more information.
- Finance – record-keeping, preparing annual budget, preparing financial reports, etc
- Fundraising – helping with researching foundations, grant-writing, phonebanking for donations,etc.
- Legislative – tracking policy proposals in the legislative and executive branches, following bills and when appropriate, sending advocacy alerts to members on these bills
- Publications – producing On Watch, MLTLF’s quarterly journal, which includes generating article ideas, recruiting authors, and editing/proofreading content; creating and updating, organizing and distributing our Military Law Library of memos, factsheets and brochures
- Website – creating and soliciting content for the MLTF website, nlgmltf.org, from writing articles to aggregating and sharing relevant news stories from other sources.
- Women’s project – developing training materials on military sexual violence, recruiting attorneys and counselors to serve as advocates for survivors, and doing general educational work on this issue