GUANTANAMO (GITMO), CAMP DELTA -- Concentration Camp
Close-up of prisoners on display at the Guantanamo Bay concentration camp
Comments from Don Spark
When I saw this close-up of this scene we have all seen before in the media, I realized that the sensory-deprivation being used had not registered before. I think when we initially see the photo, we register it as prison brutality and then look away in disgust. Close study reveals application of sensory deprivation that I think does not fully register maybe because it is passive. Sensory-deprivation could be worse than daily beatings.
- WHAT I AM SEEING IN THIS PHOTO IS SIGHT, SOUND, SPEECH, BREATHING, TOUCH AND REACH DEPREIVATION
PLUS LEG AND BACK BENDING PAIN:
- eyes covered with blacked-out goggles
- ears covered with strong sound protection
- mouths covered with (double-thick?) surgical masks
- hands in big mits
- hands/arms double/triple bound to eliminate sense of hands/arms
- cuffs are high to draw arms in at elbows increasing tendancy to bend spine
I tried the leg posture and found it to be moderatly painful immediately. A doctor might be able to explain the impact of long times in that posture.
I don't understand the hats since they are in short sleeves.
- This is being reported:
- GAURD BENDING TO COMMUNICATE
different sizes and resolutions of the same photo
- Various other versions of same photo at different brightnesses and resolutions
- On cover of a CCR pamphlet cover
- DIFFERENT PHOTO OF SAME SCENE
- Joint Task Force 160
Return to the MLTF Home Page